Home Page | Cemeteries | Battles | Descendants | Find A Soldier | Towns | Units | Site Map
Elliott, William R.
Age: 22, credited to Duxbury, VT
Unit(s): 6th VT INF
Service: enl 8/14/61, m/i 10/15/61, PVT, Co. H, 6th VT INF, pr CPL 11/1/61, reen 12/15/63. pr SGT, wdd, Cold Harbor, 6/3/64, pr 1SGT 1/1/65, dis/wds, 6/1/65
See Legend for expansion of abbreviationsVITALS
Birth: 02/26/1838, Rumney, NH
Burial: Hope/Village Cemetery, Waterbury, VT
Marker/Plot: Not recorded
Gravestone researcher/photographer: Kathy Valloch
Findagrave Memorial #: 48693015
Alias?: None noted
Pension?: Yes, 7/21/1865
College?: Not Found
Veterans Home?: Not Found
(If there are state digraphs above, this soldier spent some time in a state or national soldiers' home in that state after the war)
(Are you a descendant, but not listed? Register today)
Hope/Village Cemetery, Waterbury, VT
Check the cemetery for location/directions and other veterans who may be buried there.
See other discharges signed by Dr. Henry Janes at Montpelier with photographs.
Disability Discharges with Photographs
FUNERAL OF WILLIAM R. ELLIOT
Held at his Late Home, Saturday Afternoon
The funeral of William R. Elliot was held from his late home Saturday afternoon, the Rev. William Hessell, pastor of the Methodist church of which the deceased had for fifty-five years been a member, officiating. There was a large attendance and beautiful floral tributes. The burial was under Winooski Lodge No. 49, F. & A. M., the ritual work being given by F. C. Lamb and the Rev. William, Hessell.
Among those from out of town were Mr. Elliot's daughter, Mrs. Dewey Graves, who arrived that morning from Chattanooga, Tenn., Mr. and Mrs. Charles Stevens and daughter and Mrs. C. P. Stevens of Orleans, Mr. and Mrs. D. A. Barrows of Johnson, Vt., Mr. and Mrs. Charles Barney of Essex Junction and Senator W. P. Dillingham. Those who were able from Dillingham Post G. A. R., attended and the entire force from Duxbury Lumber Co., the mill being closed for the day. Noted among those from Duxbury was Eugene Shambeau who began work for Mr. Elliot fifty years ago and Thomas Hoy who came to him forty-eight years ago and has had continuous work with the company.
The bearers, all members of Winooski Lodge, were Frank Towne, E. G. Miller, Guy Scott, Curtis Haskins, Arthur Snow and B. E. Wallace.
Source: Waterbury Record, October 11, 1922.
Courtesy of Tom Boudreau.