Home | Battles | Descendants | Find A Soldier | Monuments | Museum | Towns | Units | Site Map
Press About VermontWar-Time News Archives
New York Times
Wednesday - 18 Feb 1863
Deaths of Soldiers at Fort McHenry
Headquarters Defenses of Baltimore, Fort McHenry, Md., Feb. 13, 1863
Editors Baltimore American: Gentlemen: I enclose herewith a list of the names of soldiers who died at Convalescent Camp, at Fort McHenry, and were interred in the Post Graveyard.
I earnestly request the publication of this list in your paper for the information of the friends of the deceased, and request other papers to copy.
- Willard Gibson, Co. E, 6th Vermont Volunteers, died Oct. 24
- John C.L. Huggins, Co. I, 3rd Vermont Volunteers, died Oct. 29
- Chas. H. Dustin, Co. E, 2d Vermont Volunteers, died Oct. 8
- Geo. Q. French, Co. E, 3d Vermont Volunteers, died Nov. 4
- Henry Doveland, Co. A, 4th Vermont Volunteers, died Nov. 11
- C.W. Miller, Co. H, 5th Vermont Cavalry Volunteers, died Sept. 15
War-Time and Post-War News Articles are a special project conceived by Erik Hinckley.