Home | Battles | Descendants | Find A Soldier | Monuments | Museum | Towns | Units | Site Map
Unfortunately we are having technical problems with the databases that support the site;
soldier's records, cemeteries, towns, adding descendants and others are not available.
Our provider is attempting to correct the problem. We apologize for the inconvenience.
If you have specific questions about soldiers,
we may be able to answer them from material we have off-line;
Email the webmaster
United States Sharpshooters
Each unit has a basic set of material common to all or most members of the unit, or the unit as a whole. Early on in the project, biographies, obituaries, photographs and college information was not included with a soldiers record, but were 'add-ons.' Today they are incorporated into his basic record, and are no longer listed herein.
- "Benedict" will include an extract from Vermont historian George Grenville Benedict's 'Vermont in the Civil War,' which provides a fairly detailed account of the history of this unit.
- "Bibliography" is a listing of known books, manuscripts, diaries, journals, letters, etc., and their location. (Will soon be tailored to this unit).
- "Medal of Honor" will list information on those men who served in these units.
- "Resources" is a list of material on this site.
- "Links" is a list of material related to the unit(s) off-site.
- "Timeline" is a simplified timeline for the unit, with most entries linking to additional material on the site.